Jun 24, 2010

KOTD: A Tap Dancing Kitty

Hey Ladies!

I literally have a tap dancing kitty for you today... My niece! It's so weird posting a picture of myself on here. Has anyone else pictured what a blogger looks like based on their nails and online personality? And then laugh when you see a real picture of them because its nothing like what you imagined? Or am I the only weirdo? So I imagine some of you gals seeing my picture and thinking "That is Lissi!?!?! Never would have guessed it." LOL!

So my niece is 4 years old and is in dance classes (ballet and tap). On Sunday (June 20th), she had a dance recital. Her class was dancing tap to the Aristocats song and they were all dressed like cute little kitties!

So I promised her I would do my nails with little kitty cats in her honor... Of course she asked me to do cats on her nails too. I had to promise to do them for her the next day (which I ended up doing them tonight) because she wasn't allowed to have painted nails for the recital. So here is my tribute to my little kitty cat:

I apologize for my horrible looking nails and cuticles. I literally did this manicure (with stamp and all) 20 minutes before I had to leave to the show. So I didn't do a good cleaning up job, no pushing back of the cuticles, and no moisturizing. This was a paint and dash mani!

This is 2 coats of Zoya's "Loredana" from the MatteVelvet collection. This color reminds me of fresh asphalt when its still nice and dark. LOL! Zoya describes it as a medium gunmetal gray packed with silvery shimmer and a velvety matte finish. It's not matte in the pictures because I applied a layer of Seche Vite since I stamped. Application was great and it dried super fast (like most matte polishes do).

For stamping, I used China Glaze's "Millenium." The cats are from Konad's S10 image plate. The little fish skeleton is from Bundle Monster's BM04 image plate. I associate cats with fish. LOL!

Hope you gals like it!


Steffie said...

Cuteness overload. Your niece is adorable. Love the cute kitty stamps. All in all just lovely.

Twister said...

Very cute :0)