Mar 9, 2011

Swatch - Orly's Pink Chocolate

Hey Ladies!

I must warn you that today's swatch is... meh! I don't know if I like it or hate it yet. I'm talking about Orly's Pink Chocolate. Love the name though! Then again who doesn't love chocolate... I got this color because I saw it swatched on another blog. Their swatch made this color look gorgeous. The pink was dark yet vibrant. Imagine my surprise when I open the box of polishes I ordered and I saw this... My bottle is so much more dull. It doesn't have that same vibrant pink color. It doesn't look like the same color at all! It's not hideous but it's just soooooooooo safe. This is a color my mother would wear if she ever felt like wearing something adventurous (in her eyes). Maybe the swatch I saw was... off... a bit...

Pink Chocolate is a creme medium pink with a hint of brown in it. You can get full coverage with just 1 coat. I only did 2 coats on 2 nails because I did a sloppy job applying it. The other 2 nails were done with 1 coat. I'm not going to tell you which is which. There is no need if you can't tell the difference. LOL! Application was great. The formula is great. The color is the only thing that isn't great for me. But that is just my personal taste. This swatch was done with no base coat and no top coat.


Happy Polishing!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the name too! I must look for this one :)

For Me, It Works... said...

I saw this in Sally and thought it was a "safe color". Along the lines of ChG Fifth Avenue. But I agree, Love the name.

PerdyClaws said...

When I saw your headline I thought maybe you'd done a strawberry pink kind o colour and made it look like you dipped them in chocolate. It sounded deli! :) Strawberrys... *drool* colour looks more orangey though.

Tanya said...

I like this colour a lot! But it looks different on my nails. Darker and juicy. I apply 2 layers. Never received so many complements.

Unknown said...

I think this looks like a great colour to use for a base for some interesting konading on top. Also it would be nice for some layering. Maybe you try any of those things so it's more interesting for you.