Apr 14, 2011

Zoya Sunshine Collection (Summer 2011) - Swatch / Review

Hey Ladies!

I have for you the other half of Zoya's summer collection: The Sunshine Collection. I decided to keep my general opinion on the number of coats, formula, etc until the end. All swatches were done without base coat and without topcoat.

Apple - Zoya describes this as a luminous yellow-toned apple green packed with gold metallic sparkle. I have to say that this is my favorite color out of the entire collection. And we all know my issue with greens. I see this color and I literally think of a nice plump green apple. Yum! It is a perfect green shade for my skin tone. I had seen swatches online and I didn't think this would end up being my favorite.

Faye - Zoya describes this as a bronzed mauve with purple and brown undertones flooded with bright gold sparkle. Maybe I'm crazy but I don't really see the brown undertone. The mauve color really is gorgeous though. It blends well with the gold sparkle.

Reva - Zoya describes this as a cool toned strawberry red with flowing golden metallic sparkle. This color can be tricky. It can seem very reddish under certain lights. You can really notice the strawberry tone in person though.

Kimmy - Zoya describes this as a gleaming metallic candy apple red brightened by gold sparkle. This can be another tricky color. It seems to have an orange tone to it under certain lighting. Maybe it's just the gold sparkle.

Tanzy - Zoya describes this as a light, bright tangerine orange with yellow gold metallic sparkle. This color reminds me of the sun! I feel that this has a bronze quality to it. Again, maybe its just the gold sparkle.

Rica - Zoya describes this as a warm light coral with pink and orange tones and heavy gold metallic sparkle. I'd have to agree with this. As I was applying it I was trying to think of how I would describe it. Only 3 words came to mind and they happen to be in Zoya's description: Coral, pink, and orange. LOL!

__________________________

Overall, I like this collection (but my heart still belongs with the Summertime Collection). Each color took 3 coats before I was satisfied with the amount of VNL. I know you can still see some VNL in the pictures. Here is the thing about this collection... You don't really see the VNL in person because of all the gold sparkle. The sparkle is constantly reflecting light and that helps hide the VNL. Add the fact that your hands are constantly moving and you can be confident with just 3 coats. But take a picture of your nails and its a different story. Either way, I think 3 coats is good enough. With that said, its obvious that the formula is a little sheer. Application was perfect. No complaints there. I personally feel that the gold sparkle makes this collection appropriate for the summer. What better way to honor the season of the sun than by tossing in a metric ton of gold sparkle? LOL!

What do you gals think? How do you feel about all the gold sparkle?

This collection was sent to us for review. Please read our disclosure policy (here).

7 comments:

Stella said...

I would prefer them matte
http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/

Serena said...

Apple is my favourite. I can't resist a green polish!

Fiona said...

For a while, the only 2 I was interested in were Apple and Faye but now that I've seen so many swatches of these, I find myself seriously lemming Rica, which is weird because I normally don't like orange, coral or gold... something about it says "summer" to me!!

Johnna said...

I picked up Tanzy, Faye, and Apple from this collection. I've yet to use any of them, but they all look very unique and lovely! :)

Charlotte Sparkle said...

Nice polishes, love the finish.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the collection!

Sant Andreu said...

Great post much appreciate the time you took to write this