Dec 29, 2011

SinfulColors Holiday 2011 Collection - Wish

Hey Ladies!

Yes... We're back!

So lets jump right into it. 

This is SinfulColors Wish Collection for the 2011 holiday season. The collection includes 5 polishes and 2 nail art shades. All the colors represent the holidays pretty well. This collection is also great as a starter set since it contains basic colors and nothing too crazy. 


I struggled with using the nail art shades. The brush on these is long and thin. It's not the products fault. I've just never used these before and didn't create anything I was proud enough to post. LOL! So I think I'll play with them more until I learn how to use them properly. I'll probably do a separate review post for them. But just so you know they are called Flower Girl and Fashionista. Flower Girl is described as "a bronzy gold with tons of sparkle" and Fashionista is described as "a glitter-laden pewter." 

On to the polishes... All swatches are with no base coat and no top coat.

Last Chance is described as "an emerald with depth and allure." This is a deep green creme. Very pretty. Reminds me of a christmas tree. 2 coats for full coverage.


This was the hardest color to capture... and this picture does it no justice. Daddy's Girl is "a deep purple with a drizzle of shimmer and glitter." It's a deep purple jelly base with small glitter and shimmer. So I'm having a love hate reaction to this polish. First, it took about 4 to 5 generous coats to get the coverage you see above. But ugh, you can still see my nail tips underneath. I hate that. But the color is so pretty. This picture does not show up purple. I tried so many camera settings and different lighting. But this is one of those purples that photographs blue! *Must do camera research on this issue!* The purple tone, the glitter, and the shimmer go beautiful together. I think this polish would be best layered over a matching purple or a black polish.

My favorite! Midnight Blue is described as "a bold, bright twist on navy." I couldn't agree more. This color is so vibrant and electric. Definitely an attention grabber. It has a little bit of a metallic finish so you have to pay attention to the application to avoid streaky lines. But its nothing troublesome. 2 coats for full coverage and you're good to go!

Out of This World is described as "a perfect silver with swirls of glimmer." This polish is a bit on the sheer side. It took about 3 to 4 generous coats for full coverage. It's a silver packed with silver shimmer/glimmer. Very bright. Reminds me of snow... I wish it snowed in Miami...

Sugar Sugar is described as "a candy cane, red-hot tint." This does remind me of the red stripe in a candy cane. I haven't had a candy cane in years! This is a red packed with red shimmer. Another vibrant and bright color. Perfect for the holidays. 2 coats for full coverage. 

So what do you gals think?

SinfulColors is available for $1.99 at major drug stores. Call 1-800-448-0763 or online at www.walgreens.com.

1 comment:

Akuma Kanji said...

Sinful Colours in Portugal is very limited in colour range and they never bring us the LEs! :( Which is a shame, I would really love to grab some. Oh, and each regular nail polish costs 5.95€ (which is about 7$ or 8$)