Jan 31, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix - Pull Me Close

Hey Ladies! Ok so seriously... when did this collection come out? I didn't know anything about it until I saw swatches start appearing everywhere! So I contacted my go-to nail supply store (ever since I discovered them I don't order polish online anymore because their prices are amazing) and they got them in today. I went straight there after my morning class. There they were... pretty in their little display on the counter! LOL! I have been dying to try magnetic nail polish but never managed to get my hands on some. And then the one time I found some at Walgreens it was too expensive for a brand I didn't know or trust. Needless to say, I was super excited when I saw that China Glaze had a collection of magnetic polishes! I definitely trust them to do it right. And they sure did!


This is Pull Me Close from the Magnetix Collection. It is a grayish blue with a metallic finish (before you use the magnet). I found that one generous coat was all you needed for even coverage. It was a bit streaky but it honestly doesn't matter because the magnetic design hides that. The instructions said to hold the magnet for something like 10 seconds. I held my finger up to eye level and put the magnet over it. The design appeared instantly for me. You are supposed to do this while the nail was still wet so I did one nail at a time (applied polish, held the magnet, and moved to the next). Be very careful not to touch your finger with the magnet. I found it easier (and faster) to hold the nail and magnet up to eye level.

This was my first attempt at using these and I don't think it came out too bad. My right hand (not the one photographed) came out better because I had already a feel for it by then. (I would have photographed the right hand but it's impossible for some reason). I love this polish! I got one more (the dark purple) and now I kinda wish I had bought the entire collection. One thing I didn't like about the polish was that it kinda had a funky smell to it... but that isn't a deal breaker for me! I hope these last long on the nail and don't chip instantly.

Which ones are you getting (or already got)?

Happy Polishing!

2 comments:

Lyciènne said...

Wow, it looks fabulous!

Lyciènne

beachgal said...

Not going to be a fan of the shades that are so much like the first magnetic s we have seen for some time now. Will be nice to have them within reach for most being sold at Sally's...but I have a feeling with the small amount of inventory most Sally's get, these will sell out ASAP.