May 18, 2012

Born Pretty Store Review - Dotting Tool

Hey Ladies!

Yeah I know, long time no see... but it was all for a good reason! I'm OFFICIALLY done with law school FOREVER! I started studying for my final exams in April and finished all my exams last week. It was a few rough weeks. I barely had my nails in blog worthy condition. If they were painted for whatever reason (I did have a wedding to go to) they would be chipped and left that way for days and days! It was a shameful time for my nails. The day after my last final exam I jumped on a plane and went for a last minute trip to St. Louis! It was a much needed vacation! I did paint my nails while there but then I spent 3 days gardening and yeah... my nails didn't last very long. I got my last grade back today and am happy to say that I'm officially graduating. Graduation is next Friday and I can't wait for that moment!

I hate it when bloggers (especially the ones I love to follow) disappear for weeks/months without word and I hate that I've done that a few times myself. But I have to acknowledge that sometimes things in life are more important and your hobbies have to take a backseat. I've spent this week organizing myself and getting mentally ready to start studying for the state bar exam. With that said, there is a chance that I'll sporadically disappear during the next 2-3 months of my life. I have the intention of painting my nails and blogging but I don't fully know what to expect. They say that studying for the bar exam will be like a full time job. So we'll see what happens. Studying will be my priority from now until the end of July. And then after I take the bar exam I move to St. Louis so that will be another potential disruption from my blogging. But lets think positive! LOL!

Review


So I received an email from the Born Pretty Store and was able to pick some items for review. One of the items I picked was the Pink Marbleized 2-way Dotting Pens. I've been dying to get my hands on a real dotting tool. The few times I've put dots on my nails have either been with a stamp or with a pencil tip. These retail at $4.74 for the set of 5. You can't beat that price. These pens are 2-way so you get a dotting tip on each end, which gives you 10 different dotting tips. All the tips are different sizes (some of the sizes are so close that they look like the same size). 


So I tried these bad boys out over 2 coats of China Glaze's Sea Spray from the Anchors Away collection. Sea Spray is a pale grayish blue creme. I then dotted using China Glaze's Rodeo Fanatic from the Rodeo Diva collection. Rodeo Fanatic is like a blackened blue shimmer. So gorgeous! I used the 2nd largest dotting tip for the dots.


I was very pleased with these! I just have to practice and perfect my dotting skills. I highly recommend these dotting pens. You get a great variety of sizes for a minimal amount out of pocket ($4.74). Again, you can't beat that! I've seen dotting tools at beauty stores where they charged more for 1 dotting pen than you are charged here for all 5. I'm not a pink type of girl but the pink marbleized design is super cute! They also have another pattern design but its not as cute as these! These dotting pens are a decent size so you feel like you are holding a regular pen or pencil. Easy to have a good grip. I think everyone should have this in their nail art kit. It doesn't matter if you're starting off and experimenting with nail art (like me, beyond stamping) or an expert at nail art. These are a must!

So be sure to check out these and other great nail art tools at Born Pretty Store.

2 comments:

Sasha said...

Congrats on finishing law school and good luck on the bar! I've never tried using a dotting tool, but that is a great price.

Sammy said...

I love the look of these tools.
http://bellinibeauty.blogspot.co.uk/